Saturday, December 19, 2009

Random Saturday Thoughts

One nice thing about being off of work is not having to jump out of bed...it has been amazing to just lie in bed and enjoy waking up slowly in warm, soft flannel sheets.

Last year I bought some of THE most amazing flannel sheets, so soft and thick they are almost like felt. If you don't have any flannel sheets or yours have worn thin and all nubby, check out Pinzon 200 Gram Supima Velvet Flannel Sheet Set on Amazon (the 190 gram are just as nice). And while you might not be able to lounge in bed on a weekday...you'll appreciate them every night and every morning. Mmmm...simple pleasures.


An interesting change I've been noticing this week is the days of the week have been losing much of their meaning. I've caught glimpses of this while on a longer vacation, but I think this is going to be different. Friends are really what are maintaining some meaning to the days of the week for now.


Nice going with Brent and Wayne to Friday happy hour after a week of nothing, rather than a week of crazy work. As we were leaving the bar there was a guy (Steve Taylor) playing piano and singing on the corner. I had seen him recently over on 4th street in Berkeley (afternoon sun and him playing early Elton John was quite a combo). He is clearly talented and loves doing what he's doing...felt good to buy his CD and support that. Really like a few of the songs...but think I most enjoy the Elton John and James Taylor songs on the piano on the street. If you see him out, take a few minutes to stop, listen and enjoy.


So I'm sure some of you will notice some inconsistency in type sizes between the first and subsequent posts. Not sure what is going on with Bloggers templates, but can't make them match. After several frustrating tries, a novel thought occurred to me. WHO CARES??!!! LOL...seriously laughing as I type this. Another of those small lessons the universe tossed my way to see if I was paying attention. Coming from a work environment with an anal, if inconsistent, attention to minute details, it is giving me a scary amount of pleasure to see MY blog have some inconsistencies. In fact, I think I may add a few more in for good measure! 


And with that lovely thought it is time to wander down 24th Street to Dynamo Donuts and get some caffeine and a maple, apple, bacon doughnut. Does my Applecare cover drool? Hope so. And don't knock it til you've tried it. SOOOO good. I'll have to wear my "I love you more than bacon" pin that my friend Tracy gave me at drinks on my last night of work.












As you can see, my mission was accomplished. I swear those are my favorite donuts of all time. And yes, when I left the plate was clean.

2 comments:

  1. I've only been to Dynamo Donuts once but instantly fell in love with the Apple, Bacon and maple donut! Good thing I don't live too close to it or I'd be there every weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maple Bacon! Sounds like your dream doughnut!
    - Tracy

    ReplyDelete