Monday, December 14, 2009

First Monday of Freedom

Mmmm...relaxing beginning. NOT setting the alarm and sleeping late. Quality time on the couch with my cat and daytime TV. Really Martha, FIVE cups of cream in the brioche bread pudding? Bet it rocked.


Walked to Dolores Park Cafe for a little food and a lotta coffee. Two people with cameras sat at the table next to me. The one started shooting the salt and pepper shakers and small vase of flowers on his table while the other person was in line. Shot after shot...slight rearrangements of those three items.  I leaned over and asked if they were off for a day of shooting. (Yes.) And I added that no one, who isn't a photographer, can know how much there is to see when you start really looking and shooting shots. (Laughing agreement.)


Interesting how this continues from my first post...walking home in the rain, slowly, really taking it all in. With a camera, when you start looking at a shot, reality shifts...or maybe more accurately, you perception of it shifts. There are SO many, infinite shots in that one frame...so many slight adjustments, angles.


So the starting point is a hurried four block walk from my house to Bart, and the reverse. Then I took the same walk in the rain, after my last night at work, but much more slowly and started to see SO much more. I was able to see that amazingly beautiful moment with the guy talking to the older homeless guy. So if I slow it down even more, how many individual moments, or shots, are in the four blocks from Bart to my house?


Capped the day off with a trip to the Kabuki Spa communal baths. Spent a couple hours rotating between the dry sauna, whirl pool, and steam room. Soooo relaxing. Good smells, cucumber and lemon water. It can take a little getting used to if you haven't been to a clothing optional spa before. But if you haven't been, GO.  :-)  Can't think of a better way to spend $20 on yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment