Friday, December 18, 2009

A few firsts

So this is my first posting using my iPhone. Yes there's an app for that. We'll see if it actually makes it up and what it looks like.

And this morning I turned down my first job. Think it was a test from the universe to see if I really do want this break...and I passed. The contract position with Wells actually did sound interesting, but in Karen Carpenter's immortal words "we've only just begun" (young 'uns just look it up on iTunes). I'm not sure about the white lace and promises, but am accepting applications and trial runs on the kiss for luck. ;-)

Anyway, glad I made the connection on that job and we'll see about it next year. It did feel a little weird to say no, but I'm sure I'll learn to say it with more finesse as this new life continues.

So I went to Mission Beach Cafe yesterday for a late lunch. YUM!! Both to the amazing food and my adorable waiter Dave. But wtf was there a line for at 2pm? Who ARE all these slackers? Ok, ok...other slackers. I just didn't expect a line in the middle of the afternoon in my new life. Yes, a reminder to slow down and enjoy the scenery (Dave included).

On my walk back home I stumbled across a newly opened Mission treasure, Ancient Artifacts on Valencia btw 14th and 15th. Lots of ecclectic decorative objects, some furniture, art... I mean, who knew I needed 3 pieces of hand decorated paper that are old kimono designs, and an old Japanese iron "cage"/string dispensor, and not one but three books from the 1900s. So much for my committment to less stuff.

And then a few doors down this was the shadow on the wall. A very likely candidate for a last minute, or next year's, holiday card.



Just finished a spinach, mushroom (will need to id in my new books) and pesto scramble at Boogaloo's. Probably shouldn't take up the table any longer since there is yet another line of other slackers waiting for a table, and it is time to tackle/excavate/clean my kitchen. It can be ignored no longer.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment