Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday's Gingerbread Pancakes

Actually it was Sunday before last...but just hadn't posted this. So I'm cheating and rolling back the posting date.

Awhile ago I bought a gingerbread cookbook by Chronicle Books. I LOVE their books...beautiful photography, interesting collections. I've been wanting to make one of the pancake or waffle recipes and last night I was looking through it. The one whole wheat recipe needed to sit overnight, so at about 12:30 I made the batter...whole wheat flour, lots of spices (cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg), I added some crystalized ginger, dark brown sugar (not alot), orange zest. That is one of the few times I've made a breakfast dish ahead. It was SO nice to get up, make some coffee and just heat up the griddle. I had the first plate (with a little pumpkin butter and maple syrup, YUM) and then realized I hadn't taken a pic. But I still needed to make the rest of them...will have to see how they reheat after being frozen. And since it didn't look right without syrup, I had to eat these as well (what I sacrifice for the shot!)...also really good with pecans and more ginger.

And two quick musical notes (ha)...

I had mentioned Steve Taylor before...plays piano (and a whole bunch of other instruments) and can sound like Elton John. Well, he has a new album and preview of songs...really good! Can't wait for the album.

Also, the site his preview is on is great.  Chasing The Moon. The currently featured artist, Kacey Johansing is really interesting. This site does a great job of featuring artists...great filming, great sound quality.

1 comment:

  1. So is that picture of the pancakes you actually made? If so, I'm coming over.

    ReplyDelete