Friday, January 8, 2010

What the...?

So I went down to Big Sur for three nights for a silent retreat at a monastery. I'll write more about that this weekend. It is amazing to spend time with yourself and NO other input.

But what happened to me that I'm sitting home on Friday night watching Bill Moyer's Journal on KQED with two journalists from Mother Jones talking about obstacles to financial reform??? OK, so actually what caught my eye is what I thought was the other part of the show, which is a segment with Greg Mortenson ("Three Cups of Tea") about education in Afghanistan...but now that we've reached the end of the hour they tell me that that topic is next week.

I am actually astounded at what these journalists are talking about...all that is happening and not happening in Washington in the financial realm. Basically DC is owned by Wall Street and the major investment banks...they have given more examples of legislation that has been passed in the last 10 years that is SHAMELESS. I'll admit I'm too tired to detail this out...but we (average people) are footing the bill for the financial elite in this country. I know this sounds trite...but much of what I've heard on this in the past has been in the general or abstract. It is much different when you hear about multiple, specific examples of legislation that is written, lobbied for, and funded by Wall Street that benefits Wall Street and no one else. And at this point, there is no one to turn to to affect a change.

This is definitely NOT what I thought my first post back would be about.  :-)  Evolution on many fronts. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment